Schaff Library bookmarks of use to Seminarians
To return to the library page, close this page.
Exported by Compass 2.83 - 5/8/2012 10:13:24 AM
~ MAIN ~
- DSpace at Lancaster Theological Seminary: Home
- Evangelical & Reformed Historical Society
- LTS email
- LTS Library catalog
- LTS web page
- Mercersburg Society
- Amherst College Online Resources for Writers
- Ball State Copyright Office
- Free MLA-Style Bibliography Builder
- Citing Sources, Guide to Library Research
- Columbia Copyright Advisory Office
- Copyright - Middle Tennessee
- Copyright & Fair Use Center - Stanford
- Copyright Primer - Minnesota State
- CRASH COURSE IN COPYRIGHT
- Guide to Grammar and Writing
- MLA handbook tips
- The online resource for educators concerned with the growing problem of Internet plagiarism.
- Plagiarism and Anti-Plagiarism
- Heyward Ehrlich, Department of English, Rutgers University
- Son of Citation Machine
Bible & theology
- TheologicalStudies.org.uk: An Introduction to the Site
- Digitising and uploading in co-operation with authors and publishers, rare and out-of-print theology books and articles. Over 10,000 articles are now available for free download.
- Theology on the Web
- These sites were created by Rob Bradshaw, a graduate of Bangor University and Mattersey Hall Bible College. Rob is passionate about Christian theology and church history and about making resources freely available for those who want them.
- Bible Gateway - Search the Bible in Seven Languages and Multiple Bible Versions
- The Bible Gateway was first started in 1993 by Nick Hengeveld who was attending Calvin College in Grand Rapids, MI at the time. In 1995 Nick became the first webmaster at Gospelcom.net, now Gospel.com. He brought the Bible Gateway with him, and for 13 years the Bible Gateway has been a favorite online resource. Today, the Bible Gateway team continues to add new translations, languages, and functionality to the site.
- Enter the Bible
- from Luther Seminary.
- Hypertext Bible Index
- This site is a freely available archive of electronic texts about religion, mythology, legends and folklore, and occult and esoteric topics. Texts are presented in English translation and, where possible, in the original language. This site has no particular agenda other than promoting religious tolerance and scholarship. Views expressed at this site are solely those of specific authors, and are not endorsed by sacred-texts. Sacred-texts is not sponsored by any religious group or organzation.
- Jesus Real to Reel Resources
- Welcome to the "Jesus: Real to Reel" web site. This site has been set up to collect into one place resources for studying the historical Jesus through modern cinematic presentations of Jesus' life and teachings. However, it has also developed into repository for bibliography and web links on the intersection of religion/theology and film in general.
- New Testament Gateway
- Welcome to The New Testament Gateway, the award winning web directory of internet resources on the New Testament. Browse or search annotated links on everything connected with the academic study of the New Testament and Christian Origins. Dr Mark Goodacre, Department of Religion, Duke University
- Religion online - Christian theological classics & contemporary works
- Religion-Online is managed and monitored by Claremont School of Theology as a public service to scholars all over the world.
- Resource Pages for Biblical Studies
- These pages are intended as a resource for serious, scholarly studies of the early Christian writings and their social world. compiled and owned by Torrey Seland, Professor of New Testament Studies, School of Mission and Theology, Stavanger, Norway.
- Unbound Bible
- Collection of searchable Bibles including Greek, Hebrew, English and foreign versions. Biola University
- Abebooks - Buy and sell out-of-print, used and antiquarian books.
- AddALL book search and price comparison
- Alibris - Books You Thought You'd Never Find - New, Used, Rare, and Out-of-Print Books
- Used rare book dealers in Pennsylvania - ANTIKBOOKS.COM
Church History / History
- Home - Medieval Studies - LibGuides at Stanford University
- Mysticism Resources
- Medieval Church.org.uk: An Internet Resource for Studying the Church of the Middles Ages
- EarlyChurch.org.uk: An Internet Resource for the Study of the Early Centuries of Christianity
- Documenta Catholica Omnia - Multilanguage Catholic E-Book Database of all the Writings of Holy Popes, Councils, Church Fathers and Doctors, and Allied Auctors
- Huge "collection of all catholic available texts, declared of public knowledge, written in the main Christianity’s languages." Includes writing of the Church fathers (including Migne's Patrologia Graeca and Patrologia Latina), Du Cange's Glossarium Mediae et Infimae Latinitatis, the Monumenta Germaniae Historica, and much more. Most of the site is in Latin, although there is an About Us page in English. The documents themselves are mostly scanned and converted into PDF format, in their original languages.
- The Tertullian Project
- Catalogue of Digitized Medieval Manuscripts: About Us
- Erasmus online
- Medieval Sourcebook Search Page
- ORB The Online Reference Book for Medieval Studies
- The Labyrinth Resources for medieval studies
- Anglican Communion
- Official Web Site of the [worldwide] Anglican Communion
- Dictionary of Methodism in Britain and Ireland
- Digital Quaker Collection
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America - Home Page
- Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia
- MennoLink Mennonite Information Center
- Metropolitan Community Churches | HomePage
- Penn Central Conference, United Church of Christ
- Penn West Conference United Church of Christ
- Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
- Presbyterian Church in America
- Streams: A Journal of United Church of Christ History and Culture
- The Episcopal Church
- United Church of Christ
- United Methodist Church
- Congregational Resource Guide
- Developed by the Alban Institute and the Indianapolis Center for Congregations, the Congregational Resource Guide was funded by Lilly Endowment Inc.
- ATLA RDB Comprehensive Journal Coverage
- FirstSearch -- Search screen
- For use inside LTS.
- Using OCLC FirstSearch
DMin theses and projects -- indexes
- ATLA Research in Ministry (RIM)
- This indirect link is the only way into RIM. Click on the small link at the top of the page.
- Current Research @ LTS - Main Page
- Dissertation Express
- Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN)
- NetLibrary - Basic Search
- Christian Classics Ethereal Library
- Perseus Digital Library
- National Parkinson Foundation, Inc.
- PDF - Parkinson's Disease Foundation, Inc.
- LTS email/Google Apps
- LTS student email - MailTraq
- Yahoo email
Hymns and Music
- The Cyber Hymnal
Journals -- Indexes
- Index theologicus (IxTheo)
- Philosophy resources on the internet (including philosophy of religion)
- Religious Electronic Journals Index
- Franklin & Marshall - Dining & Staying in Lancaster
- Lancaster County, The Heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Country. by Lancaster County Pennsylvania Visitors Center
- Restaurants In Lancaster County Pennsylvania: PA Dutch Country Dining Guide
Libraries and Library Directories
- Access Pennsylvania
- The largest statewide union catalog that includes
the holdings of all types of libraries
- Elizabethtown College -- The High Library
- Franklin and Marshall College Library
- Lancaster County Library Home Page
- Millersville University - Ganser Library
- Learn the NET -- Getting Started
- Online Etymology Dictionary
- quoteland.com - Quotations on every topic, by every author, and in every fashion possible
- Resources for American Christianity
- RJ&L Religious Liberty Archive
- The Religious Liberty Archive is an extensive repository of valuable information and a useful resource for anyone seeking information about state and federal laws pertaining to religious freedom in the United States.
News and weather
- BBC News -- Front Page
- Mail and Guardian (South Africa)
- NOAA's National Weather Service
- The Christian Science Monitor
- The Revealer, a daily review of religion and the press
- The Times of India
Ordination guides, exams, etc.
- Presbyterian Bible Content Exam - Learning Tool
Reference -- Religious
- Academic Info Religion - Main Index
- American Religion Data Archive
- The American Religion Data Archive (ARDA) is a project funded by the Lilly Endowment, Inc. and acts to preserve quantitative data on American religion, to improve access to this data, to increase the use of the data, and to allow comparisons across data files.
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA -- Home
- Digital Librarian - Religion and Philosophy
- Encyclopedia Coptica
- Finding God in Cyberspace Contents
- Religion Explorer, Religion search engine
- Religion Online
- U of Calgary Religious Studies Web Guide
- Virtual Religion Index
- Wabash Center Internet Guide
- Librarians' Index to the Internet
- Online Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus. Free access.
- Research-It! - Your one-stop reference desk
- Virtual Reference Shelf - Selected Web Resources (Library of Congress)
Religion, religions & secular
- Islamic Heritage Project
- Islam, Islamic Studies, Arabic, Religion
- BuddhaNet - Worldwide Buddhist Information and Education Network
- Buddhist Studies WWW VL
- Center for Christian-Jewish Learning - Boston College
- Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding Welcome to CMCU
- Islam website; Resources for the Study of Islam
- Judaic studies resources
- Judaism and Jewish Resources - Andrew Tannenbaum
- Liberation of Women Religious Sources by Nelia Beth Scovill
- Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life
- Pluralism Project Homepage
- RAMBI - Main
- Resources for the Study of Buddhism
- Skeptic's dictionary
- The Hindu Universe
- The Religious Movements Homepage @ The University of Virginia
- The Secular Web
- The Secular Web is the definitive resource for online atheists, humanists, agnostics and freethinkers.
- Virtual Religion Index
- AltaVista - The Search Company
- Lycos Home Page
- Netscape Netcenter
- Alliance of Faith & Feminism
- American Religious Experience at WVU
- Attorney - Attorneys, Attorney at Law, Criminal attorneys, divorce attorney
- Bruderhof Peacemakers Guide - Fighting For Peace
- Guide to Gay and Lesbian Resources at the University of Chicago Library
- Internet Sacred Text Archive Main Index
- Jewish-Christian Relations
- Laws - Law, Criminal Law, Family Law, Labor Laws
- Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance
- Roundtable on Religion and Social Welfare Policy-Faith-Based Social Services Research & Reporting
- The Center on Religion and Democracy
- The Religious Freedom Page
- Welcome to the Martin Luther King, Jr. Papers Project at Stanford University
- Wise to social issues
- WiseTo Social Issues is a new reference website dedicated to exploring divisive topics from Thomson Gale (2007).
- Sacred Space - the prayer site run by the Irish Jesuits
- FAFSA on the Web
- Presbyterian Preparing for "the ords"
- The Selective Service System - Welcome
Using the library
- Library of Congress Classification outline
- OpenOffice Support
- ATLA CDRI
- WWW Virtual Library
- Digital Librarian Women's Resources
- Diotima Women & Gender in the Ancient World
- Discovering American Women's History Online
- provides access to digital collections of primary sources (photos, letters, diaries, artifacts, etc.) that document the history of women in the United States
- Feminae: Medieval Women and Gender Index
- From Jesus to Christ the first Christians women in ancient Christianity
- Images of Women in Ancient Art
- Internet Women's History Sourcebook
- Matrix - resources for the study of women's religious communities
- Other Women's Voices
- The status of women in the Bible
- Women's Equality Witness
Worship and sermon helps
- Anglicans Online Liturgical Resources
- Book of Common Prayer
- Process & Faith Home Page
- Reformed Sermons - online sermons and sermon articles from Reformed pastors.
- Sermon and sermon - lectionary resources
- The Text This Week - Revised Common Lectionary, Scripture Study and Worship Links
To return to the library page, close this page.